Friday October 9, 2009
I would like to extend congratulations to Maureen O’Leary and her staff for receiving the Luc Vanneste Award from the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Ontario! The Luc Vanneste Award recognizes the Area Office staff and volunteer team that works together to best:
- Meet the Area Office revenue goals and grow core programs of Jump, BB, P2P, Fit and Hoops;
- Build strong volunteer teams;
- Demonstrate innovation and
- Enhance the Foundation’s profile and awareness in the community.
A few highlights of their successes this year include:
- Exceeded their overall revenue goal with a 15% increase over F08. Exceeded revenue goals in BB, P2P/HM, Fit and grew Jump by 6%
- Strong leadership volunteer support including a Heart Month committee that makes recruitment calls, organizes orientation sessions and wrap up events and leads media and awareness activities
- Had a 27% increase in P2P leadership volunteers
- Developed strong partnership with local company (AIC) who do 15000 P2P telerecruitment calls, contact Walk participants and sponsor the event and host BB event day.
Great work Maureen!