Norfolk General Hospital Foundation – Foundation Director
Norfolk General Hospital (NGH) is a dynamic and forward-thinking full-service hospital in the heart of southwestern Ontario. NGH’s catchment area is large. As one of the largest counties in the province, Norfolk's 62,000 residents are spread out across a number of communities. Comfortable, safe and affordable, Norfolk is a great place to raise a family!
NGH is a great rural hospital, large enough to have advanced technology yet small enough to offer patients, staff and volunteers a sense of community. We record approximately 28,000 emergency visits, 60,000 outpatient visits a year with approximately 4,000 patients admitted each year. NGH also operates an on-site long-term care facility.
The Hospital Foundation is looking for a fundraising professional to lead the foundation through its next stage of development. Reporting to the hospital CEO, the Foundation Director’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate closely with all Board members, staff and volunteers to ensure a coordinated, donor focused approach to gift opportunities
- Lead the planning, cultivation, solicitation and recognition of fund-raising appeals including special events, annual, major, corporate and planned gifts
- Manage a Capital Campaign including sub-committees and volunteers
- Participate with the Board of Directors in achievement of the foundation’s vision and strategic plan, directing and overseeing short and long term goals
- Advance and sustain the foundation’s brand in all community initiatives and represent the foundation as a community leader
- Support collaborative efforts between NGF Foundation, NGF staff and administration, and Norfolk General Hospital Volunteer Association
- Establishes, develops and maintains communication and appropriate relationships with key stakeholders
- Develops and maintains strategies to support strong and positive donor relations, including recognition, donor appreciation and stewardship
- Ensures the day to day operations of the Foundation are compliant with current legislation and agreements governing charitable donations
- Identifies, cultivates and recruits key volunteer leadership candidates for the Foundation Board
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Strong leadership and change management skills
- Outstanding relationship building skills
- Proven human and volunteer engagement skills including the ability to coach and mentor others to build capacity
- A minimum of five years experience in successful fund development with a solid understanding of all fund development vehicles and a proven record of high performance in major gift closing
- Experience with at least one successful capital campaign that met or exceeded goal
- Familiarity with key supporters of the organization
- Familiarity with philanthropy in rural and smaller centres
- CFRE (beneficial but not essential)
If you are interested in this position, please contact The Goldie Company at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31, 2017.
The Goldie Company - Internship
The Goldie Company is seeking a fundraising intern to work closely with our Managing Director and Senior Staff to ensure timely delivery of quality services.
Key Candidate Attributes:
You are a self-starter who is able to prioritize a variety of shifting tasks. You have a keen interest in marketing, communications, and fundraising. A strategic and creative thinker, you possess strong verbal and written communication skills. You are not afraid to ask questions and are eager to learn. You are a strong team-player. You are also organized and detail oriented.
Excellent software skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, and social media applications.
An undergraduate degree is preferred.
Enrollment in a fundraising, non-profit management, or related program an asset.
Experience, volunteer or otherwise in the non-profit sector.
Excellent communication and research skills.
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines.
If you are interested in applying to this position, please send your resume and covering letter to email@example.com.
The Goldie Company - Senior Consultant
The Goldie Company is seeking consultants to join our dynamic team! Our consultants are the heart of The Goldie Company’s strength and success, providing fundraising and management services as well as working collaboratively with the organization. Depending on the needs of our clients, each consultant’s role will vary from project to project, enabling professional growth and development.
Sample projects may include:
Conduct feasibility and planning studies in order to design and implement realistic fundraising strategies
Develop and manage fundraising plans and strategy
Prepare fundraising campaign materials, including strategic plans, operating materials, case statements and major gift proposals
Create individual cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies
Conduct extensive prospect research
Identify and develop quality sponsorship opportunities
Design and administer surveys, provide expert analysis
Evaluate operations and provide recommendations for organizational improvement
Write and prepare clear and persuasive presentation material
Produce creative, action-oriented insights and recommendations
Recruit, train, and mentor leaders, volunteers and staff
The Goldie Company is seeking professional fundraisers as well as those with consulting, communications and strategic planning experience to join our vibrant and energetic team.
Other qualifications include:
Philanthropic values and a commitment to service
Outstanding written and oral communication skills
Strong relationship management skills, interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
Capable of prioritizing and handling multiple projects simultaneously, under tight time constraints
Proactive, problem-solver and solutions-oriented
The Goldie Company offers competitive benefits, professional development and training, mentoring, and network opportunities. Successful candidates have a breadth of knowledge and experience, are interested in philanthropy and have a drive to succeed.
Please respond to George Stanois, Managing Director.