Executive Assistant / Office Manager
The Goldie Company
We are Canada’s longest established consultancy firm that works exclusively with non-profit organizations. Headquartered in Toronto with regional offices in Ottawa, Calgary, Vancouver, and Halifax, we have helped hundreds of organizations with their fundraising and fund development needs. Through our partnerships with clients and volunteers, the Goldie team has raised in excess of one billion dollars. Since 1965, we have successfully assisted non-profit organizations to attain their goals.
Our full range of services include conducting fundraising and development studies and counsel on capital campaigns, major, planned and annual giving programs, as well as sponsorship campaigns. We facilitate or provide prospect research, strategic planning, board development, staff training, executive search, and development-related writing.
The position of Executive Assistant / Office Manager, reporting to the Managing Director, is offered to an energetic, positive, and flexible individual who enjoys working in an entrepreneurial environment with a specific mission to serve the non-profit sector.
The Executive Assistant / Office Manager will be responsible for:
- Coordinating all activities associated with the work of the Managing Director. This includes scheduling, writing correspondence, compiling reports, and organizing work and events.
- Working with the Managing Director to facilitate fundraising projects undertaken by the company.
- Communicating with clients, suppliers, and staff on behalf of the Managing Director.
- Helping to implement a marketing strategy for the company, including updating the website and all social media accounts.
- Responding to and writing proposals.
- Proofreading and editing fundraising documents.
- Effective systems and procedures.
- Some reception, handling couriers, answering phones.
- Office equipment service and maintenance management.
- Demonstrated experience in communicating effectively both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of non-profit sector, media, and current political dynamics.
- Knowledge of fundraising and communications.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, combined with the ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision.
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency, including document formatting, word processing, and mail merge.
- Strong research skills.
- Comfortable working with fundraising databases.
- Competent in all aspects of social media, including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Competent knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010.
- Competent knowledge of MailChimp or similar program.
Please submit your resume by email before 12:00 p.m. June 16, 2017 to email@example.com.
The Goldie Company - Internship
The Goldie Company is seeking a fundraising intern to work closely with our Managing Director and Senior Staff to ensure timely delivery of quality services.
Key Candidate Attributes:
You are a self-starter who is able to prioritize a variety of shifting tasks. You have a keen interest in marketing, communications, and fundraising. A strategic and creative thinker, you possess strong verbal and written communication skills. You are not afraid to ask questions and are eager to learn. You are a strong team-player. You are also organized and detail oriented.
Excellent software skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, and social media applications.
An undergraduate degree is preferred.
Enrollment in a fundraising, non-profit management, or related program an asset.
Experience, volunteer or otherwise in the non-profit sector.
Excellent communication and research skills.
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines.
If you are interested in applying to this position, please send your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Goldie Company - Senior Consultant
The Goldie Company is seeking consultants to join our dynamic team! Our consultants are the heart of The Goldie Company’s strength and success, providing fundraising and management services as well as working collaboratively with the organization. Depending on the needs of our clients, each consultant’s role will vary from project to project, enabling professional growth and development.
Sample projects may include:
Conduct feasibility and planning studies in order to design and implement realistic fundraising strategies
Develop and manage fundraising plans and strategy
Prepare fundraising campaign materials, including strategic plans, operating materials, case statements and major gift proposals
Create individual cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies
Conduct extensive prospect research
Identify and develop quality sponsorship opportunities
Design and administer surveys, provide expert analysis
Evaluate operations and provide recommendations for organizational improvement
Write and prepare clear and persuasive presentation material
Produce creative, action-oriented insights and recommendations
Recruit, train, and mentor leaders, volunteers and staff
The Goldie Company is seeking professional fundraisers as well as those with consulting, communications and strategic planning experience to join our vibrant and energetic team.
Other qualifications include:
Philanthropic values and a commitment to service
Outstanding written and oral communication skills
Strong relationship management skills, interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
Capable of prioritizing and handling multiple projects simultaneously, under tight time constraints
Proactive, problem-solver and solutions-oriented
The Goldie Company offers competitive benefits, professional development and training, mentoring, and network opportunities. Successful candidates have a breadth of knowledge and experience, are interested in philanthropy and have a drive to succeed.
Please respond to George Stanois, Managing Director.