Here are elements of the samurai code that can help you win any business battle, according to Bill Diffenderffer:
- Act honourably. Honour isn't negotiable – it's an overarching requirement.
- Act with courage. When you know what needs to be done, do it.
- Act with rectitude. Always do the right thing.
- Be loyal. Without loyalty, there is no trust.
- Be compassionate. To be a leader one must care for others.
- Appreciate the arts. Art is a doorway to understanding and appreciating life.
- Be honest. Without honesty, there is no credibility.
- Be polite. It shows respect and makes getting along with everyone much easier.
- Maintain self-control. To manage others, one must manage oneself.
Source: The Samurai Leader: Winning Business Battles With the Wisdom, Honor and Courage of the Samurai Code.