Norfolk General Hospital (NGH) is a dynamic and forward-thinking full-service hospital in the heart of southwestern Ontario. NGH’s catchment area is large. As one of the largest counties in the province, Norfolk's 62,000 residents are spread out across a number of communities. Comfortable, safe and affordable, Norfolk is a great place to raise a family!
NGH is a great rural hospital, large enough to have advanced technology yet small enough to offer patients, staff and volunteers a sense of community. We record approximately 28,000 emergency visits, 60,000 outpatient visits a year with approximately 4,000 patients admitted each year. NGH also operates an on-site long-term care facility.
The Hospital Foundation is looking for a fundraising professional to lead the foundation through its next stage of development. Reporting to the hospital CEO, the Foundation Director’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate closely with all Board members, staff and volunteers to ensure a coordinated, donor focused approach to gift opportunities
- Lead the planning, cultivation, solicitation and recognition of fund-raising appeals including special events, annual, major, corporate and planned gifts
- Manage a Capital Campaign including sub-committees and volunteers
- Participate with the Board of Directors in achievement of the foundation’s vision and strategic plan, directing and overseeing short and long term goals
- Advance and sustain the foundation’s brand in all community initiatives and represent the foundation as a community leader
- Support collaborative efforts between NGF Foundation, NGF staff and administration, and Norfolk General Hospital Volunteer Association
- Establishes, develops and maintains communication and appropriate relationships with key stakeholders
- Develops and maintains strategies to support strong and positive donor relations, including recognition, donor appreciation and stewardship
- Ensures the day to day operations of the Foundation are compliant with current legislation and agreements governing charitable donations
- Identifies, cultivates and recruits key volunteer leadership candidates for the Foundation Board
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Strong leadership and change management skills
- Outstanding relationship building skills
- Proven human and volunteer engagement skills including the ability to coach and mentor others to build capacity
- A minimum of five years experience in successful fund development with a solid understanding of all fund development vehicles and a proven record of high performance in major gift closing
- Experience with at least one successful capital campaign that met or exceeded goal
- Familiarity with key supporters of the organization
- Familiarity with philanthropy in rural and smaller centres
- CFRE (beneficial but not essential)
If you are interested in this position, please contact The Goldie Company at email@example.com by May 31, 2017.